search



previous entries
DIY Floral Crowns


QR generátor
unique visitors
tumblr Follow this blog twitter youtube


DIY Bunting Flags



Hi guys! While I was at a fair, I managed to pick up a large sheet of patterned material for just $2! Yes, that's cheaper than the material you buy from Cabramatta! I really need to chill with the exclamation marks... Anyways, with this large sheet of material, I decided to set myself a challenge and use as much of the material as possible to make my own items. My first project was to create 2 sets of bunting flags. 

Honestly, these add fun to any room and are really simple to make! What you will need to do is draw and cut out a number of identical triangles, line them along a thick ribbon and you have two options from there. Oh, also make sure you leave enough ribbon hanging off the two ends so you can hang the flags. 

The first option is to glue them on and you can leave it there if you wish, but to ensure the flags don't fall off too easily, you may want to go with the second option which is to sew the flags on. From experience*, it probably isn't the best option to glue the flags on and then sew them on, as the glue tends to accumulate on the sewing needle... and ruin it. dundundun... So, yeah! Either glue them or sew them... or do both if you really wish... but I did warn you!

Yeah, well that's about it! Hopefully you've found this helpful and send in some pics if you decide to have a go! Also, send your feedback to nouveaugalorey@gmail.com (e.g. if I need more pics to accompany my tutorials to make it less confusing or anything like that!) hehe 

xoxo, 
Shannen

*experience was with hot-glue gun... maybe it's different with other glue... but just be wary of the fact that glue can ruin the needle!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: ,


speech bubble 0 comment(s)
Posted on Friday 4 January 2013


« OLDER
NEWER »